Congratulations on purchasing a Starlink Tripod Adapter from Bantha Overland! We designed the adapter to be compact, durable, and easy to use. All you need to do is screw it onto a tripod and insert your Starlink receiver dish.
The following page provides additional information about installation, frequently asked questions, support, feedback, and terms and conditions for using the adapter.
Adapters come pre-assembled, but follow these instructions if you need to remove, tighten, or reconfigure the mounting hardware.
1/4", 3/8", or 5/8" Adapters
Use a socket wrench with a ~6" extension to remove or tighten the mounting hardware.
|Starlink Tripod Adapter Size
You can optionally use Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 (not included) on all threaded connections to prevent loosening over time due to vibration.
The Universal Adapter can be configured to work with 3/8" or 1/4" tripod threads. Follow these instructions to change the configured thread size.
- Insert a ~6" Phillips heads screwdriver into the Starlink Tripod Adapter and loosen the screw until it's removed from the coupling nut in the base of the Adapter.
- Turn the Adapter upside down, allowing the screw, fender washer, and lock washer to slide out.
- Remove the coupling nut from the bottom of the Adapter and reverse to the other thread size. If the coupling nut doesn't easily fall out, use the provided screw of the appropriate size to remove it by threading the screw into the coupling nut a few turns and then pulling on the screw to remove the coupling nut.
- Assemble the screw and washers, placing the lock washer (the washer with a split) on the screw followed by the fender washer (the wider washer).
- Turn the Adapter upside down. Place the assembled screw on a Phillips head screwdriver and insert it into the Adapter (still upside down). Thread the screw into the coupling nut and then hand tighten until secure. It can be helpful to use a magnetized Phillips head screwdriver to help retain the screw while inserting it into the Adapter and coupling nut.
Frequently Asked Questions
See https://banthaoverland.com/choosing-a-starlink-tripod-adapter/ for a complete list of frequently asked questions.
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Agreement") carefully before using the 3D printed Starlink Tripod Adapter ("Product"). This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions for the use of the Product.
- Acceptance of Terms: By using the Product, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any of these terms, please refrain from using the Product.
- Intended Use: The Product is designed as an adapter to mount a Starlink satellite dish to a tripod for temporary outdoor use during camping and traveling. It is not intended for permanent installations or use in extreme weather conditions.
- Cautionary Guidelines: a. High Winds: Do not use the Product in high wind conditions or during severe weather. Windy conditions can lead to instability and potential damage to the Product. b. Extreme Temperatures: Avoid exposing the Product to extreme temperatures, including prolonged direct sunlight and intense heat or cold. Prolonged exposure to such conditions may cause warping or deformation. c. Uneven Terrain: Use the Product on stable, flat surfaces. Avoid using it on uneven or unstable terrain, as it may result in the Product tipping over or causing damage to the Starlink satellite dish. d. Permanent Mounting: The Product is not suitable for permanent mounting. It is designed for temporary installations during camping and traveling only. Permanent mounting may lead to structural issues and compromise the Product's functionality.
- Limitation of Liability: a. Use of the Product is at your own risk. The manufacturer and seller of the Product shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising from the use or inability to use the Product. b. The manufacturer and seller of the Product shall not be held responsible for any damage to property, injury, or loss resulting from the use, misuse, or reliance on the Product, including failure to adhere to the cautionary guidelines provided in this Agreement.
- Intellectual Property: a. The Product, including any associated designs, trademarks, or copyrights, is the intellectual property of the manufacturer and seller. Any unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or modification of the Product is strictly prohibited. b. The use of the Product does not grant you any rights or licenses to the manufacturer's intellectual property.
- Modifications to the Agreement: The manufacturer and seller reserve the right to modify, amend, or update these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. It is your responsibility to review this Agreement periodically for changes. Continued use of the Product after any modifications signifies your acceptance of the revised terms.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the manufacturer and seller are located. Any disputes arising from or related to the Product or this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that jurisdiction.
By using the 3D printed Starlink Tripod Adapter, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to abide by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any of the terms outlined in this Agreement, please refrain from using the Product.
Feedback and Support
If you have any issues or feedback, please contact us at email@example.com. We’d love to learn about your experience using it so that we can improve future versions.
And feel free to sign up to be notified of new overlanding and Starlink accessories.
Thanks for your support!